Posts Tagged geeky girls
Here is my tribute to Geek Pride Day 2010. Say it loud and say it proud!
- The right to be even geekier.
- The right to not leave your house.
- The right to not like football or any other sport.
- The right to associate with other nerds.
- The right to have few friends (or none at all).
- The right to have as many geeky friends as you want.
- The right to be out of style.
- The right to be overweight and near-sighted.
- The right to show off your geekiness.
- The right to take over the world.
- Be a geek, no matter what.
- Try to be nerdier than anyone else.
- If there is a discussion about something geeky, you must give your opinion.
- To save and protect all geeky material.
- Do everything you can to show off geeky stuff as a “museum of -geekiness.”
- Don’t be a generalized geek. You must specialize in something.
- Attend every nerdy movie on opening night and buy every geeky book before anyone else.
- Wait in line on every opening night. If you can go in costume or at least with a related T-shirt, all the better.
- Don’t waste your time on anything not related to geekdom.
- Try to take over the world!
(I’m working really hard on this last one… for the GEEK NATION!)
Life has been a little chaotic and I absolutely love this photo, so I ‘m going to cheat (not like there are any rules really) and post a photo from Sunday.
We went airboat riding in the everglades with Captain Brad. He was great, and we even got a history lesson about Everglades City, which included it’s trafficking of alcohol during prohibition and eventually it’s ties to the Norega drug cartel (because let’s face it, no cops wanted to patrol the gator infested swamps that were used as drop zones).
I love this picture because it captures the feeling I had when we were zooming through mangrove forest trails at over 40 mph. It was pretty exhilarating, as you can see on the faces of the girls captured in Kate’s glasses.
All in all it was a fanastic trip and I can’t wait for next year!